July 27, 2011 | Posted in:Internet
Skype, what is it? That’s always comes in mind when we heard about it, basically its a software application, which connect people, by allowing calls among them both type of voice calls & video calls. Its an easy way to call another person because it doesn’t cost for any call, there is one more special thing in it that we can also call on land line or mobile phones with the help of Skype, but these calls charge, but not that much enough. And while doing calls we can chat also over there on the chat box page, direct under the video box.
Skype is mainly about doing things together when you are apart from each other. you can share a story, celebrate a birthday, learn a language, hold a meeting, work with colleagues – just about anything you need to do together every day. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you – on your phone or computer or a TV with Skype on it. It is free to start using Skype – to speak, see and instant message other people on Skype for example. You can even try out group video, with the latest version of Skype.
If you pay a little, you can do more things, in more ways, with more people – like call phones, access WiFi or send texts. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done. Try Skype out today and start adding your friends, family and colleagues. They won’t be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all sorts of things together.
You can do many things with skype, which you can consider as the features of skype
chat:- Instant Messaging (IM) or chat allows you to communicate with other users with text messages. In many cases, chat may be useful for communicating with other users instead of, or in addition to, voice communication. For example, if you are discussing a website you visited recently, it may be easier to copy and paste a website address into the chat window instead of trying to spell this out during a call.
group chat:- while doing the instant messages during doing chat if there is any condition come like discussing things with more then 1 person then you can go with the group chatting system which will help you in the discussion of more then 1 person.
video calling & chat:- Skype Video allows you to use Skype with a webcam to see, smile and wave to the person you are talking to. To use Skype Video on your Mac you’ll need to download the latest version of Skype for Mac.To begin using the Video option, go to “Skype” > “Preferences” and click the “Video” button, then tick the “Enable Skype Video” check box. You can set Skype to start video automatically when you make a call or you can switch video on and off during the call, by clicking the video button in the call window.
- conference call:- Up to 25 people can participate in a conference call with Skype.To start a conference call, from the main menu select Call > Start Conference Call.Choose the users you’d like to invite to your conference by selecting their names and clicking Add to conference. You can select more than one person at a time by using the Shift or Command key on your keyboard. To begin your conference call, click Start.If you’re already in an active call and would like to add an additional participant to a conference, select the person you want to add from your contact list, then control-click or click the drop down menu button and choose Add to conference.
- calling land lines & mobiles:- You can call land lines and mobiles with Skype using Skype credits which can be purchased quickly and simply.To call land lines and mobiles from Skype:- Click on the “Call Ordinary Phones” button and the dial pad will appear in a new window. Select the country or region you wish to call from the drop down menu.Use the dial pad to enter the phone number or type it directly into the textbox. You do not need to include the country code, Skype will add this automatically.Click on the green call button.
- The SkypeOut rate for the phone number you have entered will be displayed in the left corner of the dial pad.You can also place a SkypeOut call by typing the phone number, including country code, into the textbox in the top of the Skype window and hitting return.
- sending files:- Skype also happens to be a very handy way to send large files quickly and easily to other users. To begin the process, simply select the user to whom you would like to send a file. Next, chose “Send File…” by clicking the “Send file” button or select “Send File…” from the Contacts menu. You will be prompted to select a file from your computer to send. Skype will ask the permission of the receiving party to begin the file transfer.
- Skype voice mails:- If you’re offline in Skype, too busy or just plain don’t feel like talking to anyone right now, let Skype Voicemail pick up the call instead. Choose “Preferences…” under the “Skype” menu. Click the calls button and tick the Voicemail check box.
- SMS:- Sending SMS messages from Skype requires Skype 2.5 or above. If you have an earlier version of Skype you can upgrade for free.To start sending SMS from Skype, you need Skype Credit. Sending an SMS from Skype is pretty cheap, view our SMS rates.
On the contact card, select the down arrow > send SMS message. An SMS window will open up where you can enter your message. The message recipient is highlighted in the drawer.You can SMS both SkypeOut and Skype contacts if they have added their mobile number in their profile.
- Screen sharing:- When you are on call with someone, & he/she wants to make you learn something which you are not getting by his/her words then you can go for screen sharing, which will allow you or that person to share each others screen , so that you can see that how to do things.
- Skype prime:- Skype Prime was a beta feature in Skype 3.1. It allowed users to call lines that charged a per minute rate usually for advice on a particular topic. The feature has since been discontinued in later versions of the Windows and Mac clients.
You can download your Skype from here if you felt you are interested in it http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/.
Not only on your PC you can get Skype, you can get it in your mobile, & TV also, even you can buy it for business purpose.
Introducing Skype mobile™ with video,You can talk as long as long as you want1 on the Verizon Wireless network and soon enjoy video calls too.
- Video calls on select Verizon Wireless 4G LTE phones – coming soon.
- Skype-to-Skype calls, IM and even group IM chats with Verizon Wireless.
- Skype is ‘always on’ to receive calls anytime
- Low Skype rates on international calls – just add Skype creditor or buy a subscription.
Call friends and family from the comfort of your couch
See them live and as large as life with Skype video calls on a widescreen TV. Call your contacts with audio and video, join conference calls, and call phone numbers abroad and even get calls to your online number if you have one. Then settle into your sofa for a good long conversation.
This is the first generation of Skype-enabled TVs ever developed by our partners. Call and receive video calls from anyone who’s got Skype, plus make video calls to people who have the latest version of Skype for Windows or Mac (version 5.0 and above) on their computers.Skype is currently available on selected Panasonic and Samsung TVs. Stay tuned to see Skype on even more brands and on a wider range of models, too.
I am a gadget geek, I love to watch movies, spend time with friends and work on my blogs. Love to do bike stunts and love the speed.