Recently Google Adsense announced that from March 2012, there will be a change from “Optimize for clicks” to “Optimize for conversions.” The Announcement by Google is as follows:
In late March 2012, we will migrate the “ad rotation” setting for your campaigns using Conversion Optimizer or Enhanced CPC from “Optimize for clicks” to “Optimize for conversions.”
Advertisers using Conversion Optimizer or Enhanced CPC are focused on conversions and CPA (cost-per-acquisition). We are making this change to better align your campaign settings with your conversion goals. In fact, our studies have shown that campaigns moving from “Optimize for clicks” to “Optimize for conversions” see a 5% increase in conversions on average.
Source: Google Support
Now signing up for Gmail or Google account will automatically means that you are signing up for Google Plus. This is a nice step by Google for promoting Google+, this will ensure that all the Google or Gmail account holders have a Google+ profile.
Now the process of Gmail Sign Up or Google Account Sign up forces a user to register for a Google+ account as well. The new Gmail sign up process requires user name, sex and mobile number including age verification and location options. After filling up the above information, we are required to upload an Avatar for our profile, which is needed for our Google+ profile.
This step by Google with make Google+ go viral and in no time Google+ will gain more users than Facebook and other social networking sites. Earlier you need to sign up separately for each Google services but now signing up for a Google Account means that you are also singing up for Gmail and a Google+ Account, thus minimizing the process of registering so many accounts. Currently Google+ has 90 million users against 800 millions users of Facebook, but this step by Google may change these numbers in coming months.
[box type="yellow"]Sign Up For Gmail / Google Account Here[/box]
Recently Google has Tweeted that they are now activating around 700k Android devices every day, this includes cell phones, tablets and other gadgets powered by Android OS. Google also stated a similar statement in Google+. These numbers includes only unique devices and a device once activated is not counted again, thus these stats are real numbers.
The number of activations in May this year were around 4,00,000 which increased to 5,00,000 in June. According to Google, they have activated 200 million Android devices last month.
A much awaited Facebook and Google + competitor, Diaspora, has finally gone viral and now we can see a good competition from this new social networking site. As we have shared previously that Diaspora has a slick interface similar to Google +, and this too has been revamped several time for the ease of usage.
Although it is very competitive for Diaspora to capture a big share of Social Networking market all over the world because of the two giants, i.e. Google + and Facebook, but still we can hope for a quality game. Currently Diaspora is on ALPHA phase and it may take few months or years to see the final version of Diaspora. If we give a look in its functionality then it is a combination of Google +, twitter and Facebook. In nutshell, you can experience all the three in Diaspora.
Currently you can join Diaspora only by the means of invitation, so if you want to try this new networking site, just reply here, we will send you a invitation as soon as possible. You can visit the Diaspora site here.
Pay-per-click ads such as those offered through Google Adwords are definitely a powerful, common strategy to obtain prospective buyers for your products and services. Ironically, the explosive revenue produced for Google via these promotions can also be linked to the ignorance of those who put together their own campaigns.
Many entrepreneurs neglect to make the most of Google’s mechanisms for making sure that their search engine adverts only get presented to those who are potential customers and that the adverts motivate such individuals to click on through. Because of this, they pay far more than they have to for the direct exposure, get discouraged in regards to the return on their investment but yet leave the ads running for lack of tips regarding how to increase effectiveness.
Don’t let it happen to you! Begin using these guidelines to keep your charges way down and your rewards high.
- Eliminate countries and different languages which do not fit what you offer. For example, if you advertise something exclusively for the U.S. market place, your advertisements should show only to Google users in the usa and probably only in English. On the other hand, if you have a translation service whose customers can live from any location, define the countries and languages your ad gets displayed too much more broadly.
- Activate Google’s advert tracking. It costs you nothing and permits you to watch not only your cost per click and click-through percentage, but also which key phrases and which ads best produce your required result, regardless of whether that’s a sale, an inquiry for your services or a subscription for your e-zine. That way, you will reduce or make an effort to improve things which get plenty of clicks or cost a whole lot but don’t secure success.
- Create negative keywords and phrases. When your goal is selling something, why shell out for tire kickers and freebie hunters? By labeling “free” as a negative keyword, you can prevent many of them from clicking on your adverts. Equally important, contemplate different and unwanted connotations of your keywords and add more negative keywords to reduce your promotions from exhibiting to hugely unsuitable visitors. For example, search for “free logo design” into The search engines and you’ll see advertisements for company marketing and branding providers as well as businesses that don’t offer these services for free. Those companies that never offer cost-free solutions merely need to include ‘free’ as a negative search term.
- Get rid of keywords and campaigns which are not working. Because Google’s system rewards an improved click-through rate with higher ad positioning and lower charges, you are paying Google more than required while you leave negatively performing campaigns running. Routinely do away with your losing campaigns.
- Drive individuals to a landing page that makes perfect sense. Individuals click on search engine advertisements to understand more about whatever was presented in the ad. It seems plausible that they’d browse around from your home page for whatever interested them within the advert, but that’s wrong. People are impatient. Rather, send them to the actual webpage for the goods and services being offered.
When you maintain your Pay Per Click ads based on these suggestions, you’ll be paying out less to secure a far more worthwhile outcome.